Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 10, 2010

MY PERSONAL VIEW ON A LEARNING COMMUNITY

MY PERSONAL VIEW ON A LEARNING COMMUNITY

INTRODUCTION:

What is Learning Community?

Learning communities is a group of people sharing ideas,beliefs and common values. And according to Shapiro & Levine, (1999), "Learning Communities represent a major transformation in how campuses think about teaching and learning". Learning community is very useful to us, because we share and gain ideas to other people. And one example of learning community is the technology, because as we all know that Technology is a term referring to whatever can be said at any particular historical period, concerning the state of the art in the whole general field of practical know-how and tool use. And also technology can make our work easier. And can also help the students enhance their capabilities.

Just like me, I’ve been exposed to computers since I was in my elementary years. Because in our school we have computer subject, they teaches us how to use the software of the computer such as the Microsoft word, PowerPoint and excel. And also they teach how to surf the net or use the social networking. Since then, I have no problems in surfing the internet or using the software of the Microsoft. Technology can really help us to make our work easier and faster, example for this is sending e-mails, chatting using yahoo messenger or other chatting network. And technology can connect us to our family in far places.

We are becoming the servants in thought, as in action, of the machine we have created to serve us. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

I am so grateful to have this subject, because Educational Technology can help me think more and express my ideas more. I really enjoy this subject, especially when there is an online-class. Because before, I thought online-classes is boring or you cannot learn from it, but when I experienced online-class it was fun and exciting. Because you can directly express your thoughts or ideas, and I didn’t expect that I’ll be having my own BLOG. Because, I thought that I will be just online-classes, comments and reading articles in the net. But, I am also thankful to have my own blog, because I can write or express my ideas, and express my feelings, and opinions and etc.

Technologies significantly affect human as well as other animal species' ability to control and adapt to their natural environments.

References

Creating Learning Communities; Shapiro & Levine,1999, p. xi

Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, 2010, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_learning_community par.1

www.quotegarden.com/technology.html

No comments:

Post a Comment